Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Be Sweet

For this little ice cream cone card, I combined a couple of different techniques I saw this week for challenges I really wanted to enter.  First, the challenge at Papertrey Ink was all about doodling around stamped images.  I used Papertrey Ink's Sweet As Can Be Stamp Set to create my ice cream cone, scoops and (sweet) sentiment.  Once it was stamped, I water colored it by using the water color technique shared at V's Sweet Ideas. I hand painted in the ice cream scoops with water color - a very new technique for me.  Next, I doodled around the stamped ice cream scoops and cone. The word "Be" is a Simon Says Stamp die-cut that I worked into the sentiment.  I enjoyed both of these great techniques, and was delighted to be able to play along in these challenges.  It's fun implementing different techniques together.
Here are the challenges where I'm able to share my card:

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #203 - Doodling With Stamps - I used my PTI Sweet As Can Be Stamp Set, and I doodled around the cone, each scoop of ice cream, and the edge of my card

Word Art Wednesdays Challenge #173 - Anything Goes

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Special Lady/Girly - I used a Simon Says Stamp "Be" die-cut

V's Sweet Ideas Challenge Blog - Challenge #32 - Water Colors - I water colored my ice cream scoops and the edge of my card

Thank you for stopping by today!

Sierra


 

2 comments:

  1. Very "Sweet" card! Love that yummy looking ice cream cone!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, Sierra. I love the doodling, the water color, and the yummy ice cream (my all time favorite treat in the world). Thanks so much for joining in our challenges.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    V's Sweet Ideas

    ReplyDelete