Friday, February 6, 2015

Valentine Sweetness

I haven't really made many Valentine's yet, so this little project was a real treat for me.  Well, in all actuality, it will be a treat for a friend at work.  But I sure had fun making it.  I used a Small Tin Heart from Papertrey Ink, and decorated it with a free digital image available this week at Crafty Secrets Blog.
I printed it and hand-cut the image, then placed it on top of the Small Tin Heart.  I also printed the free patterned paper and cut it to fit the width of the Small Tin Heart.  Then, I hot glued and tied some thin red gingham ribbon around the edge to create a big bow.  The lid is still removable so that I can put some Valentine's candy hearts in the container for gift-giving.
I'm linking my little tin heart project in the following challenges:
 
Crafty Secrets All You Need Is Love February Linky Party - Using the free patterned paper and Valentine heart image for my project
 
Nichole Heady/Papertrey Ink - February Release Challenge - I incorporated the colors from the first Color Inspiration Board (although the black, blue and green are far more subtle), and used the third sketch where you wrap tiny tags with twine around a larger tag.  I just incorporated it into a project rather than a card.  My Papertrey Ink products are the Small Heart Tins and the Tiny Tags Dies I cut and hung from the project to comply with the rules.
 
Word Art Wednesday #169 - Anything Goes

The Kraft Journal #209 - Valentine's Challenge/Love Makes The Word Go 'Round - I used Buff Ivory Coverweight Cardstock from The Kraft Outlet to cut my mini tags.

Classy Cards 'N Such - Challenge #70 - Shabby Chic Heart - From Classy Cards 'N Such I used Baker's Twine and Fire Engine Red Glitter and Crystal Ice Ultra Fine Glitter.
Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I'm filling my shopping cart at PTI and PRAYING that I might win.  I'm crossing my fingers, and hoping for the best!
 
Have a wonderful week, my crafty friends!
Sierra

23 comments:

  1. This is just precious! I am loving the digital image of the sweet little girl and the glitter you've added just makes her smile shine even more. Cute, cute , cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious little project. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Kraft Journal. I hope you'll join us again soon.
    Karen
    The Kraft Journal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww, what a cute little tin. I am so loving that cute image on the top. Just adorable. Thank you for joining us for the Classy Cards N Such challenge. I hope you can join us again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness..I absolutely LOVE this beautiful piece of art!!! It is just precious!! Thank you for joining us at our "Crafty Secrets February linky party"...ope to see you again next month!!
    Diane CS DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me...back again, with a different "hat on" so to speak! Like I mentioned above, I LOVE your amazing project, so beautiful and so well put together!! Thank you for joining us at "Classy Cards 'n Such" for our "Shabby Chic Heart" challenge!!
    Diane CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet keepsake box! Great job. Thanks for joining us in the Classy Cards 'n Such challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness ... this is SO ADORABLE and VERY clever! Your friend is going to LOVE IT!!!! Great use of both the paper & image! Thanks so much for playing along in our February Linky Party at Crafty Secrets! Good Luck!!

    Darlene
    Crafty Secrets DT
    CRAFTY VINTAGE GIRL
    CRAFTY SECRETS LINKY PARTY
    DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet box. Love the vintage image! Thanks for joining us at Classy Cards 'n Such. -Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sierra I love how you used our freebies to make the heart top and then wrapped the paper around your box. Also you finished it off so nicely with the glitter, tiny tags and bow beautifully! It's great to see the image and paper used in different clever ways like this.

    Thanks for sharing and joining in our Feb Linky Party.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sierra, your Valentine tin is just adorable! I love the little image holding out the glittery heart, so precious! Thank you for joining our challenge at Classy Cards n' Such. Encourage your card making friends to join you in weeks ahead!
    Mindy CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am just smitten as can be with your project! I adore it to bits! Thank you for sharing it with us at The Kraft Journal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for entering our 169th AG challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. Please come back really soon with you wonderful art. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a super lovely Valentine project! Love all the vintage sweetness! Your friend will certainly treasure it! Your project would fit our challenge over at Paper Sweeties this month, too!:-) Have a great weekend!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oops just realized you are guest designer...silly me...sorry about that! Anyways, it is a gorgeous project!!!:-))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job, love that little cutie! Thanks for playing along at the Kraft Journal.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sierra, this is gorgeous! What a clever way to use the free paper and image we provided in the Linky party! Your friend is so lucky to have you...that's a super sweet gift! thanks so much for sharing with us at the Crafty Secrets February Linky party!
    Kathy Clement/DT Leader, Crafty Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness, what a fabulous use of the free digitals from Crafty Secrets!!! I loooove all the glitter and red gingham ribbon you added! Thanks for joining the Linky Party at Crafty Secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful creation Sierra! I love the way you used our image and paper. Your vintage style suits our products so well I hope to see more of you at Crafty Secrets.
    Thanks for joining in the fun.
    Cheers, Elizabeth Lincoln

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are ADORABLE! How sweet! Pinning for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is one special tin! I love the ribbon around the top, and that glittery valentine cutie is adorable! Thanks for playing along in the Crafty Secrets Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations, Sierra! You are the winner of the February Linky Party post. Please message me on the Crafty Secrets Facebook page with your contact information, and we'll get your winner's code out to you right away. We all just loved your pretty tin, and I featured it on our blog today, too. Here's the address for our Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crafty-Secrets/

    Well done!
    Kathy Clement
    Design Team Leader, Crafty Secrets
    http://www.kathybydesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats Sierra for being our Crafty Secrets February linky party winner, you certainly deserved it with your gorgeous creation!! I hope you will join us next month as well!!

    ReplyDelete