Sunday, February 1, 2015

Guest Designing at Paper Sweeties

I was SO excited to be December's challenge winner at Paper Sweeties, and it seems that I'm the last stop on their February Release Blog Hop.  If you did arrive at my blog from Paper Sweeties, I'm sure glad you're here!  But if you just happened to stop by, I'm even more excited that you've found me!  I picked out some new goodies from their shop with the gift certificate I won, and paired those new items with one of my older stamp sets, and this is the card that I created.
The patterned papers and button are all from October Afternoon.  The chipboard and paper clip are both from Recollections by Michael's, the (love) letter stickers are Basic Grey, and the rest is from Paper Sweeties.  The October Afternoon button at the bottom of my card has a piece of Robin's Egg Baker's Twine in its center which is tied into a sweet little bow.
I used the sweet You Make Me Smile Stamp Set to create the center of my heart.  I stamped the XOXO stamp from this set onto muslin with red ink, and then surrounded the heart using two Pink & White Chenille Candy Canes creating a heart, and then surrounded that with a row of seafoam rick-rack.  I just LOVE the texture of stamping on muslin/fabric.
 
Thanks for visiting me today.  I really appreciate your visit, and I'd really LOVE to have you as a new Blog Follower.  I'd be more than happy to stop by your blog and become your new follower in return.  It's SO much fun making new blog friends.

I'm sharing my card in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

Word Art Wednesdays - Challenge #168 - Anything Goes

Really Reasonable Ribbon - Challenge #110 - Hearts & Ribbons

Little Scrap Pieces - Saturday Linky Party

Papertake Weekly - Take Your Pick Challenge - I chose a warm color (red) and I also chose the Technique/Button.  What a great challenge

V's Sweet Ideas Challenge Blog #31 - Red, White and Pink

I can't tell you enough how very grateful I am to have you visit me.  Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging comments.  I appreciate it SO much!

Sierra

11 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! LOVING how you did the "O" with the pipe cleaner heart!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is amazing! Love every last precious detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Sierra! So glad your guest designing for the Feb. challenge! And look at this sweet valentine! Love the pink candy canes turned into a heart! Beautifully crafted card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative and so CUTE! Love all the detail! Thanks so much for being guest designer for Paper Sweeties this month!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for the heart!!! Your card is so pretty!!!! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Sweeties!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on being this month's guest designer Sierra! I love your sweet card! I love stamping on fabric too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to you Sierra! Your card today is so cute and boy do I love that pink/white heart with the aqua riboon. Such fun texture and perfect colors for the challenge. Have a great day today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet !!! Totally in LOVE with this!! Thanks for sharing, and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sierra, this is absolutely darling! I adore how you created the heart with the chenille candy canes -- so clever! Thanks for joining us this month at our special guest designer at Paper Sweeties :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love this... What a great card - so many fun details. Perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete