Monday, February 23, 2015

Cute Critter Mets PTI Tutorial

I was once again inspired by the tutorial shared this week at Papertrey Ink, and just had to throw my hat in he ring.  I clearly realize that my cards are nowhere near the level of the designers on this fabulous team.  However, I still want to win SO badly, and since I really enjoy their tutorials and their products, I continue to play along and hope for the best.  I'm not holding my breath, believe that!  But if you never try, then you can't expect to ever win anything.  So for now, a girl can dream.  Right?
I picked up these patterned papers at Michaels a while back, and haven't had an opportunity to use them yet.  They went really well with this stamp set I had (elephant), so it worked out great.  I machine stitched the papers together and inked them.  Next, I die-cut a PTI doily on cream paper and stamped my elephant.  The border and banner technique from PTI was created using some tulle, wool felt die-cut stars (a PTI die) and some vellum with rub-ons for the sentiments.
 
These are the challenges I found where I can share this card:
 
Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink Challenge Blog - Make It Monay #202 - Anchoring With Borders and Banners - The Papertrey Ink products I used include their doily die-cut, stars border die-cut, and banner die-cut.
 
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge Blog - Challenge #299 - Cute Critters - I used patterned paper with cute critters, and I stamped my elephant (cute critter) onto a doily
 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - "Add a Little Texture" - It's always fun to add elements that give cards texture and help them pop off the paper a bit more.  Great challenge!

Little Scrap Pieces - Saturday Linky Party - Come by and play along!
 
Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by, and please know that if you leave me a comment I will also visit your blog.  And if you become my follower, I will also become your follower.  As you can see......I NEED FRIENDS!!!!  LOL
 
Sierra

13 comments:

  1. Cute! Cute! Love your mix of patterned paper and sweet critters. What a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love the zig zag sewn border!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable card. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Love the designer paper you used, and the banners are perfect! sweet, sweet baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how cute is this, love the details
    thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card! The stitching is wonderful and adds it's own layering ,so sweet to use the Ellie! Very creative and you made it your own ,Sierra!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello Sierra! this is a precious card, I sooooo luv the design, awesome! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    add a little glimmer to your life....sparkle & shine! *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! The stitching gives just the right finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card! Love the stitching! Thanks for sharing it at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations for our Cute Critter Challenge! I invite you to come back tomorrow as we celebrate our 300th challenge! (Lots of super fun sponsors!)
    Hugs, Debbie
    DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute card! The colors are so pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations :)

    ReplyDelete