Saturday, January 10, 2015

Teal and Snowflakes

Hello, everyone!  I hope you're all enjoying your week.  It was my first week back at work (school) after the nice long holiday.  I wanted to make a card for a couple of challenges.  I hope you've all had time to do some crafting as well.
 
I created my card using a teal patterned paper and then made "icicles" all around the outer edges of my card.  I put a doily (cut in half) and then added a seam binding bow and some felt snowflakes. The sentiment is a rub-on from Melissa Frances.  They're my favorite rub-ons and they're getting very difficult to find.
I also wanted to take a close-up photo to show my "icicles" that I made on the edges of the card using Elmer's glue and ultra-fine glitter.  I thought it turned out cute.
I'm entering these challenges today:
 
Classy Cards 'N Such Challenge Blog - Challenge #66 - Teal Snowflakes - I didn't actually have any teal snowflakes, so I used teal patterned paper, and added snowflakes.  The CCNS products I used are white seam binding, Scor-Tape and ultra-fine diamond glitter.
 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says Something New - I used my new ultra-fine glitter I just got for Christmas

Word Art Wednesdays - Challenge #165 - Anything Goes

Sketch Saturday Challenge Blog - Challenge #343 - Sketch - I really liked this sketch, and had a lot of fun designing my card around it.
 
Thanks for visiting me!
Sierra
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Sierra, what a beautiful take on our inspiration photo for this week's challenge! It's feminine, yet fun and very creative I should add! I'm so glad you joined us this week at Classy Cards 'n Such! Please join us again soon! Hugs, Gracie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sierra, what a lovely card. I am loving how you used the pretty pink and purple snowflakes with the teal color. Looks wonderful. Thank you for joining us for the Classy Cards challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Sierra. I like the icicles edges, they really add a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a happy winter card, Sierra, love the colors! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sierra:
    thank you so very much for the wonderful words on my blog, I am so happy your one of my followers as I am yours as well. have a wonderful safe weekend . no one understands the passion I have for my card making .I can't get enough of anything I want more and more LOL. MY room is pretty full but just never enough ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card...love your icicles! Thank you for joining us at Classy Cards 'n Such" for our "Teal Snowflakes" challenge! Also CONGRATS on being our this weeks winner..have fun with your awesome prize!!
    Diane CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, Sierra. I really like your snowflake border around your card. Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Classy Cards n' Such, and congrats on being this week's winner!
    Mindy CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for using our sketch for your colorful, cheery card, Sierra. Hope to see you again at Sketch Saturday. Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete