Tuesday, January 20, 2015

It's Winter in Minnesota

I've heard a lot of my blogging friends say that it doesn't feel like Winter where they live, and quite honestly; I'm a little bit jealous when I hear others say it's warm and sunny where they live.  I'd love to get away to warmer weather.  But where I live, in Southern Minnesota, there is NO mistaking the fact that it is Winter.  It's been below zero most days, foggy, and the sun is barely peeking through the clouds.  You don't even have to go outside to know it's Winter in Minnesota!
Nonetheless, I have been seeing several Winter-themed challenges lately, and I wanted to enter.  I don't have a whole lot of time for crafting; especially during the week, but I did manage to get a little project finished so that I could play along in these challenges.  I made a cute little Library Pocket and decorated it.  The reason I like making these is because I give a lot of books as gifts, and you can adhere these Library Cards to the inside of a book you're giving.  That way, the person will always remember who bought them the book; and you can even write a note on the Library Card insert so that they remember the occasion of the book giving, and think of you when the read.
 
These are the challenge I've found where I can enter my Library Pocket:
 
The Kraft Journal Challenge Blog - Challenge #207 Winter - I used several items sold at The Kraft Outlet including Library Pocket and Library Card, seam binding, Natural Hemp Cord
 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge It's A Guy Thing - This Library Pocket will be attached to the inside of a book for gift-giving, and can be used for a guy (or really for anyone)

V's Sweet Ideas Challenge Blog Challenge #30 Something New - I used Library Pockets that I just got for Christmas
 
Word Art Wednesdays - Challenge #166 Anything Goes
 
Little Scrap Pieces Saturday Linky Party Anything Goes

Red Carpet Studios Challenge Blog Challenge #87 Frozen/Use Glitter - I used glitter on my snowman

Scrappy Moms Stamps Terrific Tuesday Challenge - Think Warm - Yes, I'm thinking "outside the box" but this whole post is all about "Thinking Warm" because while I'm buried in the snow, I'm thinking about all my lucky blog friends who live where it's warm and dreaming about visiting one of those warm places!
 
Thanks for visiting me today.  I'd love to have you become a follower, and I will also visit your blog and follow you.  I appreciate having you stop by and leave a comment.
 
Sierra

15 comments:

  1. Very Pretty. Thanks for joining us at RCS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really sweet. THanks so much for sharing in our challenge this week, and please join us again soon.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! Very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with the It's a Guy Thing Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty creation, Sierra. I must say that I'm glad I live where it's warmer. I actually grew up in Northern Minnesota, so I remember it all too well. (honesty, I don't miss anything about the winter other than WATCHING it snow outside). I sympathize for you and hope you're staying warm. Thanks for sharing in our challenge this week. Great job.
    Karen
    The Kraft Journal

    ReplyDelete
  5. A cool project and idea! That's a wonderful little touch to add to a book that you're gifting! Thanks for sharing that over at Red Carpet Studios!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brrr! Your card is super winter fun!! We are having temps of 70+ here in Arizona! But we suffer all summer long in temps of over 110! Thanks for joining us over at Scrappy Moms! DT Member Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, I love it! Thank you for sharing it with us at Red Carpet Studio!
    Nadine - My Scrap n' Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a awesome snowman..great card , i can feel my mojo totally inspired to get my snowman stamp out & get my ink on. thanks for sharing your idea with me , as i love library pockets & this is just the best

    ReplyDelete
  9. I collect Snowmen!!!
    Yours is A D O R A B L E !!!
    The Ribbon, Buttons, etc. are NICE Embellishments too!!
    TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super cute pocket and I love the idea of adhering it to the book you give! Thanks so much for joining us for the Terrific Tuesday Challenge at Scrappy Moms!

    Stacey~~Scrappy Moms DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love seeing what others do with the library card and pocket, Yours is so cute. The snowman (snowgirl?) is so charming with the rosy cheeks. Thank you for entering your lovely creation in the Kraft Journal challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL - We asked you to think outside the box and you did! Cute little snowman! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a darling project! Thank you for sharing it with us at RCS

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at Red Carpet Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is so adorable! I love your snowman, he's so cute! That library pocket could make a really cute tag! Thanks for joining us at RCS and hope to see you again! Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete