Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year

I would like to wish everyone a happy and blessed new year.  I hope that 2015 brings you all the very best life has to offer, and that you will each find all the happiness you can imagine in the coming year.  I have sure been enjoying this two-week break from school.  Being a teacher is a very rewarding job, but it sure doesn't allow me a lot of time for crafting.  It's so nice to be able to sit in my basement craft room and make some cards.
I've been noticing that there are some great challenges out there with a Happy New Year theme, so I'm going to enter my card in the ones I know about.  If I had more spare time, I would look on the internet for more of them.  I tend to enter the same challenges all the time, but that's only because I don't have a lot of free time to "surf the net" as they say.
 
Classy Cards N Such Challenge #65 - New Year's Challenge - I used bling (rhinestones) that are carried at CCNS as well as seam binding as carried at CCNS.

The Kraft Journal Challenge Blog #204 - Happy New Year - I used Natural Hemp Cord and Buff Ivory Cardstock that are both carried at TKJ.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

Word Art Wednesdays #164 - Anything Goes

Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #109 - Looky What I Got/Ribbon

Inspired By Stamping Blog - Challenge #89 - I followed the colors from the Gingham Inspiration.  I love this color combination as well as the sweet gingham print.
 
Thanks for your visit to my blog!
 
Sierra

13 comments:

  1. I adore your color combo! Great job. Thanks for joining us in the Classy Cards 'n Such Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card. Old fashioned in some ways ( a good thing) with the lovely seam binding and stitching. Do you know about http://paperplayful.blogspot.ca/
    Thank you for posting this wonderful art with us today at Word Art Wednesday. Have a Happy and BLESSED 2015, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card, Sierra. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us, and please stop by again real soon,
    Blessings to you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    P.S. You're welcome to share this in our challenge over at Really Reasonable Ribbon. You can find it here:

    http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/2015/01/rrr-challenge-109-looky-what-i-got-with.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so delighted that you accepted my invitation to stop by and share with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon, and I hope that you will become a regular in our challenges. I love your card and I'm blessed to have you play along.
      Karen
      Really Reasonable Ribbon Design Team

      Delete
  4. This is SUPER duper darling! LOVE the fun patterned papers and the gorgeous colors! That bow is amazing, too! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! I hope you join in with us monthly through 2015! HUGS and happy stamping! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Sierra! sweet card, your bow is gorgeous, fabulous look. so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, that bow is stunning! Thanks for joining us at CCNS this week! -Jenny, CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very pretty New Year card. Love the colors and the fab bow. Thank you, for joining us in the Classy Cards N Such challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great New Year's card to share! I love that bow and banner as the perfect touch to finish off your card! Thank you so much for joining us at Classy Cards 'n Such challenge this week. Don't forget we have a new challenge every Sunday. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love the color combination you used for your card! The different patterns sure look great together too! And oh that pretty bow is just the perfect finishing touch. I'm so glad you joined us this week at Classy Cards 'n Such! I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I just love your New Year's Card!!! Your ribbon treatment is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing this beauty with us at The Kraft Journal! Blessings and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card...I love the papers and the colors. Awesome job on the ribbon. Thanks for blessing us with your artwork last week at Word Art Wednesday. There is still time to join us for our Challenge this week so, I hope you link more projects with us. Leaving you with God's Word in Hebrews 7:25 which says, "Therefore he (Jesus) is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them." God bless always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete