Monday, December 29, 2014

Strutin' My Feathers

This card is a little bit different for me.  I usually do the "cutesy" stuff, but I was drawn to the peacock feathers, and decided to use them along with a chalkboard stamp to create something a little different.  I like how it turned out, and it's fun to do something a little out of the ordinary now and then.  I'd love to hear your thoughts!
The patterned paper is from October Afternoon's Woodland Park collection, the chipboard frame, peacock stamp and feather are Crate Paper.  The stamped sentiment is from My Craft Spot by Kimberly (I won that set).  There's some gems, machine stitching, lace, and a paper flower.
 
Here are the challenges I've found where I can share my peacock card:
 
Word Art Wednesdays - #163 - Anything Goes
 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes


Classy Cards-n-Such Blog - Challenge #65 - Happy New Year - I used several new products and a new stamp set.  I added some "BLING" (the gems) which can be found here at CCNS Blue/Green Gems

The Kraft Journal Challenge Blog - #204 - Happy New Year - I wanted to "try something new" for the new year, and this card is a NEW STYLE and it uses NEW PRODUCTS.  I also used Black Chalkboard Paper from The Kraft Outlet to stamp my chalkboard sentiment.
 
Thanks for visiting me.  Come back soon, an invite your friends........I need followers!
 
Sierra

11 comments:

  1. A beautiful card, Sierra! I love the peacock and peacock feather. I also like the sentiment, very special. I am a card maker, too, and thank you for joining our challenge at Classy Cards n' Such. I hope you will stop by my blog for a visit soon.
    Mindy
    http://mulberrymindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Sierra! awesome, stunning colors and design...I luv it! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! May your 2015 be filled with lots of glimmer and happiness!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool card, Sierra. It's so colorful and sweet. Thanks for sharing in our challenge this week. All the cards and projects you enter are greatly appreciated.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you've linked with us in this week's New Year Challenge and I look forward to having you play along with us again soon.
    Karen
    The Kraft Journal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Sierra.....lots of pretty details!! Thank you for joining us at "Classy Cards 'n Such" for our "Time For A New Year" challenge!!
    Diane CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. très joli, j'aime cette touche acidulé, biz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peacocks are such pretty animals. This is a pretty card! Thanks for joining us in the Classy Cards 'n Such challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun! I love the colorful feather and peacock. Thanks for joining us at Classy Cards 'n Such Challenge this week. Hope to continue to see more of your lovely work. -Jenny, CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very pretty card. I like the great design and the fab details. Thank you for joining us for the Classy Cards N Such challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, your card is so pretty! The colors work so well together! Thank you for joining us at Classy Cards 'n Such challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your design and the way you blended all the different colors and elements. The chalkboard effect looks lovely too! I love the stamp you used and overall I like your cheerful design. I'm so glad you joined us this week at Classy Cards 'n Such! Hope to see more of your designs soon!

    ReplyDelete