Thursday, December 25, 2014

Stamped Borders

When I saw this tutorial on Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink Blog, I knew I just HAD to give it a try.  I used an older Papertrey Ink Christmas stamp set and die-cut set.  They remain among my all-time favorites from PTI; but then again, I ADORE all their products.   I also enjoy their tutorials each week even though I don't often get the time to play along in the challenges.
I stamped the background onto cream cardstock and then stamped the sentiment on another piece of cream cardstock and adhered that with double-sided sticky tape to raise it up and make it stand out.  I inked the edges of the sentiment piece, ad then added some red and white jute, and a felt holly ad berries PTI die-cut.
 
I will be entering my card in these challenges I found:
 
Nichole Heady/Papertrey Ink Challenge #194 - Make It Monday Challenge - Create a stamped border and create a sympathy or thinking of you card.  I used PTI stamps for my border, and a PTI holly and berry die-cut as well as jute.  My sentiment is being used as a sympathy/thinking of you sentiment for a friend who is getting over the loss of her sister at this time of year.  (I can sure relate to that!!)
 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says Anything Goes
 
Our Daily Bread - Sketch Challenge - My sentiment is an ODBD stamp
 
Word Art Wednesdays Challenge #163 - Anything Goes (With Scripture or Uplifting/Encouraging)
 
 
Those are all the challenges I could find to fit my card.  I wish everyone a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!
 
Sierra




7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Sierra! Thanks so much for sharing in our challenge this week. I hope you will join us again soon.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty indeed! A blessed Christmas season from way out here in the Philippines! patsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card. It's a great match, the technique and your "old" stamp set. I just love finding new uses for those old supplies, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful take on the sketch!! I just love the stamped background and your added holly!! Thanks so much for joining us at ODBD!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - love the borders.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Sierra, this is a beautiful Scripture passage, and I love the border you've stamped around with the lovely holly and berries! Stunning card! So glad you've joined us (for two cards) for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete