Sunday, December 28, 2014

Keeping Warm and Toasty

While I was browsing some of my favorite blogs this week,  I saw some crafters who had created some lovely winter mittens.  It reminded me that I also had this die-cut from Papertrey Ink, so I pulled it out and decided to create a mitten of my own.  Since I live in Minnesota, gloves and mittens are all too familiar for me.  I've also been having a lot of fun taking my photos outside where I can use the snow-frosted trees as a background, and my snow-dusted deck railing in the foreground.  It has made for some really cute photos.
I used a combination of Crate Paper an October Afternoon patterned papers, some burlap trim, lace, pom-pom trim, and velvet.  I also used a wooden stamped snowflake, a resin candy cane, an October Afternoon journaling card for the sentient, and a Crate Paper Santa chipboard piece.  I thought that the word believe went nicely with the Santa image.
 
I'm entering my mitten in these challenges I found where it will fit.  I'm always on the hunt for more challenges where I can enter my projects:
 
 
Paper Sweeties Inspiration Challenge - #26 - Happy Holidays With Photo Inspiration
 
Word Art Wednesdays Challenge - #163 - Anything Goes
 
Inspired By Stamping - #89 - Color Inspiration (the blue is very subtle - it's on the snowflake)

Little Scrap Pieces - Show It Off Saturday Winter Wonderland - Anything Goes
 
I appreciate your visit today.  Keep warm - put on your mittens!
 
Sierra

6 comments:

  1. This is the CUTEST mitten ever -- all of my favorites on your project: OA paper, burlap, lace, chipboard, candy cane -- oh my! Thank you, Sierra, for sharing this adorable project with us at Paper Sweeties this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another super duper darling and sweet creation! I am IN LOVE with this Santa and candy cane duo! LOVE! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping & Paper Sweeties! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your Christmas mitten! Your ribbon and burlap embellishment on top of the mitten is my favorite part! Thank you so much for joining us at Inspired by Stamping. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh - this is a gorgeous decoration - how festive!!
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shape of this creation as well as your choice of papers. Thanks a lot for joining our Challenge last week at Word Art Wednesday. There's still time to enter more projects in this week's Challenge so, I hope you come back and join us again. Want to share God's Word with you found in Psalm 27:14 which says, "Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." A Blessed and Happy New Year to you!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete