Friday, December 26, 2014

If You Have Faith

Yesterday, I created a very similar card to this one.  I got the idea for the stamped border from Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink Blog.  I love this technique they shared in their weekly tutorial because it makes an easy background for your card.  I decided to create another card much like the one I created yesterday; knowing that I could use it for a friend who needs a little pick-me-up.
 
This card was created using my Papertrey Ink Love Lives Here Holiday Stamp Set (old version) for the stamped background border.  I took an additional layer of cream cardstock to stamp my sentiment, and then I added some jute and a mini hanging tag with another Papertrey Ink stamp (xoxo) from their Tiny Tags Set.
It's a very similar card to yesterday's card, and was very easy to create.  I am really crossing my fingers that I might win a challenge with one of my cards.  I don't get many chances to enter because of my job demands, so needless to say.....I never really win.  It would be AMAZING to win something; but regardless, it's super fun to play along.  I really love this idea.
 
These are the challenges I found where I can share this card:
 
Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink Blog - Make It Monday Challenge #192 - Stamped Borders and Sympathy or Thinking Of You - That's exactly what this card is!  I used Papertrey Ink's Love Lives Here Holiday Stamp Set for the hearts (three different heart stamps) on my border.  I also used the Papertrey Ink Tiny Tags Stamp Set for the tiny tag (xoxo), as well as their jute.
 
Inspired By Stamping Challenge #89 - I was totally inspired by the Color Inspiration.  I really like this combination of colors as well as the sweet gingham.  Super cute!
 
Our Daily Bread #220 - Sketch Challenge - My card follows the sketch, and it uses a sweet ODBD scripture stamp for the focal sentiment.
 
Word Art Wednesdays Challenge #163 - Anything Goes (Using Scripture or Encouraging/Uplifting Sentiment)
 
I thank you for stopping by today.  I look forward to visiting YOUR blog as well.
 
Have a great day!
Sierra

8 comments:

  1. Loving the hearts and gingham makes me think of spring. We really appreciate that you are posting art with us in this two week challenge, at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings to you and yours, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sweet Sierra! Thanks for sharing another beautiful card with us. I am always tickled pink to have you share with us, and I hope you will join us again soon. Thanks also for your sweet comments.
    Bless you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super pretty card! LOVE the fun colors you used and the lovely gingham papers! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. super joli, couleurs superbes et adorable, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both your cards are so pretty! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous take on the sketch!! I just love that verse and all your colors!! Thanks so much for joining us at ODBD!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Sierra, another beautiful card with this Scripture, and I just love gingham!! Beautiful colors and a great sketch card for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! So glad to have you join us! Warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very pretty! Thank you so much for joining the Anything Goes Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete