Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas Treat Bags

I had to think of a quick and easy little treat for all my nieces and nephews.  So, late Christmas Eve I started whipping up these bags.  I had to keep them fairly simple because I have 11 nieces and nephews in total, and very little time to whip up my treat bags.  I picked up these bags on clearance at Target.  I added some patterned paper to the top/opening of each bag, then added some laces and trims, a bow, a chipboard element, and then tucked lots of candy into each one.  They were a big hit since my nieces and nephews take after me - they all LOVE candy!
Oh, and then I found all the bags in the garbage, and the candy stuffed in their pockets.....and mouths!  No, I wasn't offended.  They're just kids after all.  But I did remove the chipboard pieces and saved them to use again in the future.  Knowing what they cost, I just couldn't let them be thrown away....LOL!
 
I'm going to enter my treat bags in the following challenges:
 
My Craft Spot by Kimberly - Challenge #162 - Bags & Boxes Challenge for Gift-Giving
 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenges - Simon Says Anything Goes
 
Inspired By Stamping Inspirational Challenge #89 - I followed the GORGEOUS Color Inspiration
 
Word Art Wednesdays Challenge Blog - Challenge #163 - Anything Goes
 
V's Sweet Ideas Challenge Blog - Challenge #129 - Holiday Theme
 
That's all for now.  Wishing you all a warm and happy week!
 
Sierra

6 comments:

  1. The bags are lovely. We really appreciate that you are posting art with us in this two week challenge, at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings to you and yours, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable little bag, Sierra. I think I have those same bags from Target. I'm a clearance shopper as well....LOL. Thanks for sharing your talents with us, and please stop by again soon.
    Bless you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO darling! I am in LOVE with that fun Santa and the beautiful trims! The blue stripes rock, too! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous project - I love that retro image of Santa!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable, Sierra! The trims are so pretty and I love the Santa! Ahh those kids... gotta love 'em, right? ;) Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at My Craft Spot!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete