Friday, December 12, 2014

A May Arts RIbbons Christmas Card Challenge

Woo Hoo!  I can't even describe in mere words how PUMPED I was when I learned that May Arts Ribbons had accepted my application for participating as a chosen contestant in their annual Christmas Card Challenge.  I don't get to apply for Design Teams because I just don't have a lot of free time, but I sure was grateful to be able to participate in this awesome challenge.  Here's a picture of what we were given to work with (one yard of each of these):
My idea was to create more than one card and to use the ribbon as the focus of the cards in different ways on each.  So, I got my thinking cap on and these are the cards I came up with.
For my first card, I used some Crate Paper and October Afternoon supplies, I machine stitched the edges of my card, added some sequins for the "snow", and then I gathered the May Arts Wrinkle Ribbon and machine stitched it down to create a bed of snow for my chipboard snowman.  This Wrinkle Ribbon comes in a variety of brilliant colors, and is SO fun and easy to work with.

OK, so for my second card I cut a Christmas tree out of chipboard, painted it, and then wrapped it in the May Arts Wrinkle Ribbon.  I absolutely LOVE how shiny this ribbon is, and even though my photograph isn't amazing, it does show you how much these ribbons shimmer and catch the light SO beautifully.  I also used the gold Wrinkle Ribbon to create a "star" bow at the top of my tree.  There is absolutely NO END to the creative ways you could use this amazing May Arts Wrinkle Ribbon.
 
I'm truly grateful for being chosen to be a part of this challenge, and I'd like to say thanks to May Arts Ribbons for accepting my application.  By the way, I wanted to let you all know that May Arts Ribbons recently opened an on-line store where you can shop for ALL the amazing May Arts Ribbons.  You can find their shop at The Ribbon Resource.
 
Thanks for visiting me today,
Sierra

P.S.  I'm linking my cards to the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Bling It On - I used sequins to bling up my first card as snowflakes, and the gold star and accent on the tree on the second card.

Inspired By Stamping Challenge #58 - My second card was inspired by the color challenge.  Thanks for a really fun challenge, IBS!
 

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, these are both too cute! LOVE the fun snowman on the first one and that tree is amazing on the second! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are so cute... LOve your clever use of ribbon... thanks for joining us at IBS... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job, Sierra. You've met your goals and made two beautiful cards. I hope you Christmas is filled with joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two very lovely cards!! Adorable snowman! And the tree on the second is amazing!! Such a clever idea!! Thank you for joining us at Inspired By Stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Sierra! WOW, what an amazing opportunity...congrats! your use of the ribbon is fantastic, I luv the ribbon tree...darlin. the gathered ruffles makes me smile, so awesome...GREAT JOB! I am thrilled you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete