Sunday, November 2, 2014

Just Giggle

I love to laugh, don't you?  Proverbs 17:22 says that "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine..." and I really believe that is true.  When you keep a smile on your face, and laughter in your mouth, you somehow seem to be a happier person.  I don't like taking medicine either, so I would rather LAUGH.  I don't even have to go see a doctor to get a prescription either.  I'd get sick too if I was grumpy all the time.
I made my card with some October Afternoon, Simple Stories, ribbons, and a Making Memories rub-on for the sentiment.  I kept it pretty simple.  There's a young girl in my 3rd period English class who has been going through a rough time (family problems, divorce, etc.) and she got into a little bit of trouble on Thursday for laughing in class.  It was really hard for me to get on her about being loud, because the sound of her laughter was such a joy to my ears.  I am going to give her this card on Monday.  While she has to follow the rules, I do want to encourage her to continue to giggle and laugh because that's something that I know will bring her a lot of happiness as she goes through this rough time.
 
I'm going to share this card in some challenges that I love.  I don't get to create cards very often during the school year, but when I do I really like to enter them in some challenges, and these are a few of my favorites.
 
Word Art Wednesdays - Challenge #156 ANYTHING GOES
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - SIMON SAYS ANYTHING GOES
V's Sweet Ideas - Challenge #28 ANYTHING GOES
Really Reasonable Ribbon - Challenge #105 - ANYTHING GOES WITH RIBBON
 
That's it for me.  Thanks for visiting my blog and please come by again soon.
Sierra

7 comments:

  1. I agree with you! Laughter is the best medicine. It is so amazing if you to give this to the young girl. I am sure she will be very happy. Thank you for joining us over at V's sweet challenge and see that you are also interested in our GDT position. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card, Sierra. You are undoubtedly a blessing in this young girl's life and a great and caring teacher. Thanks for sharing your sweet card in our challenge this week, and please join us again soon.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! Love that little jar!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card Sierra, a lovely design and gorgeous papers - gorgeous elements, espicially the decorated jar!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card! Love this!! So very sweet!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laughter is great for the soul. Love your card especially that bow. Thanks for playing with us at PTT!

    ReplyDelete