Friday, November 28, 2014

A Blue Christmas

I'm obviously NOT talking about "feeling blue"; it's just that I tend to get a little tired of always seeing red and green Christmas cards.  I was browsing some blogs last night, and I saw a really pretty Christmas card that was made with blue tones.  It really caught my eye so  I decided to give it a try.  It's very different, but I do like it.  We even got some SNOW today in Minnesota.  It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas!
These papers are from My Mind's Eye.  I got them, and the other Christmas embellishments, from a friend who was cleaning out some of her older supplies, and I'm always more than happy to take hand-me-downs.  I had fun creating my "Blue Christmas" card.
I really love these rusty bells!  I found them on EBay.  If you want the link, here it is:  Rusty Jingle Bells.  Just between us, the ones at a certain stamp shop on-line aren't very good because the rust doesn't stay on.  Let me know privately if you want to know which ones NOT to buy.  I don't get to spend time crafting very often during the school year because of my crazy work schedule, but today I'm obviously not working (no school - hurray!) so I made some cards.  I'm going to link up my card in the following challenges listed below (and a few more if I find some more challenges that fit my card).
 
 
 
 
 
I hope that your Thanksgiving was wonderful, and that you took the time to be thankful to God for all your blessings.  I know that I am so grateful for all that He has done for me including my job, my family, my salvation, and SO much more.  Thanks for visiting me.
 
Sierra



5 comments:

  1. tu as tout a fait raison, elle est superbe en bleu, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girlfriend almost always tries to use an unusual color on her Christmas card. Your blue card is beautiful. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas Blues are SO pretty! Thanks for sharing your time and talents with us in our challenge this week. Please stop by again soon.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. i get tired of the red/green cards too LOVE your blue take :) great card!! thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOSH, thank you so much for the link to the Rusty Bells site! I was just looking for some and that site has so much fun stuff! Great card too...love it!

    ReplyDelete