Sunday, August 31, 2014

Back To School

As most of you already know about me (if you've ever visited my blog before), I'm a school teacher.  The school year has already started here, and I'm already excited for Christmas break!  LOL  - My little niece just started Kindergarten and I thought I would send her a card to encourage her, and to let her know that I'm SO proud of her.  She's a lucky little girl because we have several teachers in our family, so she will always have people who can help her as she gets older, and her subjects in school get harder.  I had some time Saturday morning to make a couple of cards.  This is the one I'm sending to my niece, Hannah Lynn.
The concept for this card came from a talented crafter named Dawn Cosgrove.  She had a similar card to this published in the September, 2012 issue of CARDS Magazine.  I really love that magazine, and I'd have to say it's my favorite of all magazines for card ideas.  I don't know Dawn personally, but if she was ever to see this card I hope she would be pleased with my take on her published card.  She really inspired me, and I happened to have most of the supplies she had used.  Thanks for the idea, Dawn!
 
These are the challenges I found where I can share my Back-To-School card this week:
 
Creative Card Crew Challenge Blog - CHALLENGE #69 - CHALKBOARD - I used chalkboard patterned paper that says things like "I Will Not Chase Girls", and "I Will Not Run in the Halls", etc.  I also inked the edges of the chalkboard paper with white chalk ink to make it look real
 
My Craft Spot By Kimberly - CHALLENGE #150 - BACK TO SCHOOL
 
As You Like It Challenge Blog - YOUR FAVOURITE SEASON AND WHY YOU LOVE IT - My favorite season (as I explained in my first entry) is Autumn  and Back-to-School season because the weather is cool, I get to attend weekend football games at the local high school, and it's just so beautiful with all the colors of changing leaves falling from the trees
 
Word Art Wednesdays - CHALLENGE #147 - ANYTHING GOES

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenges - SIMON SAYS...."ANYTHING GOES"
 
Have a great week, and thanks for stopping by my blog.
Sierra
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. adorable avec une superbe touche vintage, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is really awesome, Sierra. Thanks so much for sharing with us, and please know how grateful I am to have you join us.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card - a great design and papers, your vintage image is adorable and lovely details!!


    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Thanks for joining our challenge at Creative Card Crew.
    Big Hug, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining us this challenge at Creative Card Crew , lovely project great use of chalk board Hugs Tania (DT)xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling card! LOVE the vintage feel!!! Thanks so much for joining us at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete