Monday, May 5, 2014

For My Mom

Like most of you, I'm getting ready for Mother's Day this coming Sunday, May 11, 2014.  I plan to spend the day with my Mom.  We're going to church and out for lunch.  I made her this card with some paper scraps I had and needed to use up.  I always like it when I can use up scraps.  I will be the first to admit that I don't take very good photographs.  I don't know what I'm doing, AND...I don't have a good camera.  I do the best I can with what I have.  Sorry this is so blurry, but it was the best I could do, which isn't great.  In real life, it looks okay - except for the sewing which got a little bit messed up also.
There are several different pattern papers going on here.  I know that one of them (the flowered one) is from Pebbles In My Pocket, but I don't remember all the rest cuz they're scraps and the little piece with the names are missing.  I always remember the Pebbles papers because they're texturized.  Even the stickers were from my stash, so I really used up some oldies on this one.

I am going to share this card in some challenges I've found for this week.  Here they are -

Classy Cards N Such - Challenge #31 - For Mother's Day - I used the Doodlebug Twine sold at Classy Cards N Such, as well as some ribbons/trims sold in their wonderful store.





Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.  Please become my follower!  I will do the same for you.  Have a great Mothers' Day and a great week, too!!!

Sierra


16 comments:

  1. I love using scraps and you have made a very beautiful card for your precious Mom. Thank you for sharing your wonderful art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card out of scraps! Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the little piece of twine in the button- adds a nice eye catcher! Great card. I haven't noticed you joining my little comment party for some blog candy. Don't forget to stop by!

    http://viralscrap.blogspot.com/2014/04/an-unexpected-windfall.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Sierra, so pretty, your mom will treasure this :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty...love the pretty colors and design!! Thank you for joining us at Classy Cards 'n Such for our "Mother's Day" challenge!!
    Diane CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card. I know your Mom will really love your card. Nice design. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh! quel charme, tout en sobriété et en élégance, biz

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! I love the papers you've used and your sewing is great! (I can't sew at all!) Thank you for playing in our challenge at the Classy Cards 'n Such blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card shows a lot of love for your mom. From the pretty scrap papers, ribbons and stitching, it just screams "made with love". I think she will love it. Thanks for entering your card in the Classy Cards 'n Such challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card! I think the sewing is great. I can't sew! Thanks for joining us for this week's Classy Cards 'n Such challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty card! I'm sure your mom will love it. Thanks for joining us in the challenge at Classy Cards n Such.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card, Sierra! Thanks for visiting and following my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card Sierra!!! Great stitching and I love the papers you used. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. very very pretty and welcome to the bloging world. it is fun and I love being in the challenges. now I would love to be a follower but when I try to do a follow I do it under my blog sight and it always shows a broken icon on blogger . than kyou for your wonderful kind words
    God Bless
    Dottie

    now it is allowing me to leave my msg this way but not on the follow sight

    ReplyDelete