Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Scripture Tag

I know that I'm sort of (as the saying goes) a day late and a dollar short.  What I mean by that is....I know that last week there was a tag challenge at one of my favorite challenge blogs, so this comes a bit late - but I can't help it.  Even though that challenge is over, I still like making tags and couldn't resist making one today.  I made this tag to give to a friend of mine at Bible study.
I made this tag using a piece of kraft paper, an October Afternoon journal tag and die-cut shapes, a button with green baker's twine, some hand-stained bias tape, and a Verve scripture stamp.

These are the challenges I've found where I can share this little tag I made.  If you know of any others, please feel free to let me know.  I don't know of a whole lot of challenge blogs.

Word Art Wednesdays Challenge Blog - Challenge #124 - Anything Goes - I used scripture on my tag (Matthew 11:28)

Faith, Hope and Love Scripture Challenge - Challenge #3 - Scripture Challenge - My Bible verse is a Verve stamp, and it is Matthew 11:28

Kraft Journal Challenge Blog - Challenge #163 - Tags - I saw this challenge on a friend's blog -I used kraft paper (for the base) and also green baker's twine and hand-stained bias tape.  Lots of cool items in their store!

Thank you for visiting my blog.  As you can see, I don't have many followers yet.  If you would like to become a new follower, I would be VERY grateful and will also follow your blog.

Sierra

13 comments:

  1. I love your pretty Scripture tag! Especially like that lovey music flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sierra, thank you for your kind words that you left at graciousgiftings@blogspot.com I was so happy to see your comments. Your tag is lovely and I feel that we all are very blessed when it has a scripture reading to start our day. God should be in our heart at the beginning, middle and end of our day. A tag is an awesome way to present His word to a friend! Thank you again and as you can see from my blog I'm new to this also, so if any of your followers want to stop by and join that would be awesome. Keep up the good work! Rozy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always so wonderful to have you share with us, Sierra. And when it's a scripture project, it makes it even more lovely! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great week!
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!! I'm not sure how I missed the comment you left for me in my Skittle area on my blog! So sorry about that! Thank you for stopping over, let me provide you with a link to my Skittle Gallery:
    http://doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com/p/skittle-gallery.html

    Feel free to contact me! Happy crafting!
    Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the Scripture you've used! This is a wonderful tag! I don't know if you've checked my blog since Sunday, but you won my Blog Hop candy! (The Queen's Card Castle) Congratulations! I sent you an email. Please send me your addy and I will get your punch board out to you.
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely tag with beautiful words, I'm sure your friend at bible study loved it. I love all the pretty embellishments you have used :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful tag! I am glad you found our challenge to enter. Thank you for joining us this week over at The Kraft Journal.
    Anitra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday! Your talents are greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sierra, this is beautiful!!! Thank You for playing along with me and the Scripture Challenge at Creating in Faith Hope n' Love!!! I hope you have time to play along with me this week!!!!

    Blessings,
    Jen
    www.faithhopelove1cor13-13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely. A friend gave me a card with a scripture verse, and it gave me the idea of making cards as enclosures - and yours will inspire me!
    Thanks for visiting my blog.
    You mentioned you do not know many challenges - do you know http://paperplayful.blogspot.com/
    They list a lot of them!

    ReplyDelete