Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Be My Valentine

I took some time this morning to create some things for a new blog post.  I feel like my poor blog is neglected.  I wanted to share some sweet Valentine's Day cards I made.  I'm always up for entering a couple of fun challenges, and trying to connect with the blogging world.  I just find it fun, and have met some truly lovely people.

I used scraps from my craft table, some seam binding. machine stitching, a sentiment from Michael's.  A little flower and brad, some leaves, and miniature pearl accent stickers.  Nothing to terribly fancy.

I love using twine/baker's twine or jute on so many of my cards.  I tend to do it a lot on my cards and mini albums.  I found some fun challenges where I could share this trendy embellishment right here:

Word Art Wednesdays - Challenge #117 - Anything Goes

V's Sweet Ideas Challenge Blog - Challenge #20 - Use Red, Pink and White for Valentine's Day!

Little Scrap Pieces - Happy Valentines And Fun Friday Linky Party

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says, "Have A Heart"

I'm still in my craft room, and I think I'm going to have time to post another card today or tomorrow. Here's to keeping motivated!

Happy Crafting,
Sierra

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! Love the floral paper with the denim -- one of my favorite combos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just wonderful! I really love the crinkle ribbons! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty, Sierra. Thanks so much for stopping by to share in our challenge this month.
    Karen
    V's Sweet Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm back again! Sorry I didn't see that you had also shared your sweet card in our challenge at WAW this week. We always enjoy having you share your creations with us, Sierra. I hope that you will continue to play along - you may share up to 5 per week.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you found me! It was very nice to receive such a sweet comment and to have you follow my tiny little blog. I've joined here too and will look forward to more posts. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment.
    I love how the denim makes your elements pop.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot
    {I'm already a follower}
    {The one with 3 dragonflies on the pink background}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sierra,
    I love your Valentine's card and the pretty ribbons you used on it. :) If you like playing with challenges then you may find this link helpful at Paper Playful.
    http://paperplayful.blogspot.co.uk/
    Thanks for visiting me and leaving such a sweet comment. Happy to have you as a follower and now I'm following you too.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is beautiful - love the floral paper and the stitching!! Way to go!! YOu did awesome!!

    ReplyDelete