Thursday, November 28, 2013

The Gingerbread Man

One thing that I just love about Christmas time is making cookies.  I love that smell when there are cookies baking in the oven, and one of my most favorites is the smell (and taste) of gingerbread man cookies.  Gingerbread smells so good, and I also love to decorate them with cinnamon red hots and icing.  So, when I saw the challenge this week at My Craft Spot calling for shaped Christmas cards, I knew that I wanted to make a Gingerbread Man shaped card.  I used some kraft paper and decorated him using some little red berries I got at Michaels last year, some baker twine, a button, and then drew on his eyes and smile with a black Sharpie.  He is small and fits into my small sized envelope.  I used a Making Memories rub-on for the Merry Christmas sentiment.  I used a sharpie to draw the outline around the border.
I am going to enter this Gingerbread Man card in a few challenges, including the one at My Craft Spot.  Here are the links:
 
My Craft Spot by Kimberly - Challenge #119 - Christmas Shape Cards
 
Word Art Wednesdays - Challenge #108 - Anything Goes - also sponsored by My Craft Spot
 
Twist of Faith Card Challenges - Challenge #65 - Use Three Colors - I used brown/kraft, red and green

Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog - Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
 
Thanks for stopping by, and please leave a comment.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.
 
Sierra

10 comments:

  1. I used to love baking cookies, the aroma drifting through the house, children smiling when they came in the door from school, and this sweet Gingerman brought back all those sweet memories.Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation with us this week. I hope to see another paper craft project soon (up to five AG’s every week).
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. miam, il est vraiment appétissant...heu je veux dire mignon, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute little gingerbread man, Sierra. Thanks so much for sharing with us in this week's challenge. We enjoy having you play along with us. Have a blessed week and please join us again very soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sierra...I love this gingerbread man card! It's so adorable. You did a wonderful job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun shaped card, Sierra! So glad you shared it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Sierra:
    Welcome to the blog world. your gingerbread man is just adorable, thank you for becoming one of my followers. I love all the nice comments I found if you make comments on most challenges you will get one back. I am now playing with many through the week and am a DT for Lets make greeting cards. again thank you for stopping by by blog please come again
    Hugs
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ginger card is adorable! Your pen work is fabulous and I love the twine bow! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute ginger bread card! Thank you for joining us at Twist of Faith card challenges. -- Princess DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute!!! I love shaped cards....and I can't do them well like you did! Thanks for joining us this week at Twist of Faith.
    Blessings,
    Zella

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, isn't this super cute? I love your sweet gingerbread man! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete