Monday, November 25, 2013

Let It Snow!

I have seen a few light flurries here and there, but I know that the snow is going to fall (in heavy loads) before too terribly long here in Minnesota.  I absolutely love the snow - the kids can play outside on nice days, we can go skiing, snowmobiling and sledding.  For me, it's one of the things that really makes Christmas special.
I had these older Jolly by Golly supplies from Cosmo Cricket, and I wanted some inspiration.  So, I went to Pinterest and found a sweet card that I followed somewhat.  I used the pattern papers and chipboard from this line, some sequins, buttons, jute, ribbon, and frosty Stickles.  I stitched the edge with my sewing machine.  I've seen other crafters do this, and I really like how it looks.  I had never thought of sewing on paper, but everyone else seems to be doing it.  And.....that frame!  I don't know what the person who originally came up with this idea used, but as for me, I had to make it myself.  I traced some scalloped paper onto cardboard to make it just the right size, then traced that again onto cream cardstock and layered it up for dimension.  It was a lot of fussy cutting, but it works.  I like how it turned out.
 
I'm going to enter some challenges, too!
 
Little Scrap Pieces Challenge Blog - Friday Linky Party - Let It Snow!
 
Word Art Wednesdays - Challenge #107 - Anything Goes

Pile It On Challenge Blog - Challenge #47 - Non-Traditional Christmas - I like using different colors sometimes - Mix it up!
 
I guess I'm going to get busy getting ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas before the snow really does begin to fall, and I get stuck indoors (LOL).  I am still hoping to grow my blog, and if you will be so kind as to follow my blog, I will also follow yours.  I am grateful for any constructive (and kind or helpful) criticisms.  I want to improve, and I enjoy learning from others.
 
Have a nice day!
 
Sierra
 
 

4 comments:

  1. super sympa, très fun avec une petite touche de naïve toute mignonne, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like buttons and music scores, so this is a beauty. I hope the snow stays in Minnesota instead of Cumberland. Last year was brutal here. In 67 years this is the first time I cringe when I here let it snow. I have sweet and fond memories of the snowmobile bringing people from the road to the house on our Christmas day blizzards.
    Thank you for sharing this amazing artwork with us. Remember up to five AG Family friendly projects can be posted.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, fun ribbon and buttons added.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sierra, thank you for following my blog! I've been checking out your cards - they are so creative and attractive! I'll be following yours, too. By the way - we were in Minneapolis in May. They said there was snow the weekend before we arrived. Later that week the temp was over 90. It takes a special kind of person to live with those extremes!

    ReplyDelete