Thursday, October 3, 2013

I'm a Sweetie!!

I was SO thrilled when I won the challenge last month at Paper Sweeties Challenges.  Not only did I get to pick out a prize for winning, but I was also invited to design with them for the October Sketch Challenge.  Here is the inspiration photo for this month's challenge at Paper Sweeties.
So, I decided that I wanted to try something a little bit different for this challenge.  Rather than making a card or tag, which I seem to do ALL the time.....I chose to make a little treat box.  After I made this one, I created one for each of my nieces and nephews that I plan to hand out soon.  It doesn't show it in the photo, but I ended up stuffing them with suckers, candy and treats.
The box was cut from a piece of cardboard, and I covered it with some Autumn colored pattern papers to match the inspiration photo.  I added the door and window which are from Maya Road, and I painted and glittered those.  Then, I added some flowers, ribbon, a flower cut from a dress pattern, and then the sentiment strips which are stamped with Paper Sweeties sentiment stamps.
 
I'm playing along and entering a couple of challenges with this project.  I never seem to be able to find many challenges where I can make my projects fit, but this is where I found to enter this.

Pals Paper Crafts Challenge Blog - Challenge #174 - A Color Challenge

Addicted to Stamps - Challenge #65 - Color Inspiration

Word Art Wednesdays - Challenge #100 - Anything Goes
 
Please stop by Paper Sweeties to enter their challenge this month.  You just might be as lucky as I was and have your project chosen to win their awesome monthly prize (a $20 gift certificate to their shop).  You don't have to use Paper Sweeties stamps to play along; but if you do, you get an extra vote.  You will LOVE their stamps and sweet products.
 
Have a GREAT DAY!
Sierra

10 comments:

  1. That's a cute project, the colors look great. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice place stepping outside of the box. Sweet layout.
    This is beautiful. We thank God for you and hope to see you again next week.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Sierra and super cute box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little house is just too cute, Sierra! Great job of combining all three challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great little treat box! I love the window and door and your flowers are so pretty! Thanks for playing at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on being selected as a Guest Designer at Paper Sweeties, and thank you for sharing your talents with us by playing along in our challenge. May God bless your week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful and totally creative. Marvelous job! Thanks for blessing us with your artwork this week at Word Art Wednesday.

    God bless,
    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete