Friday, September 13, 2013

You Are Sweet

Lately, I've been making a lot of tags because people have told me that they like to use them as bookmarks.  So when I send someone a birthday card, I always try to include a tag.  I made this one for my friend who does a lot of reading.  She likes to have a bookmark/tag in each book she's reading, so this will work perfectly.
I used a piece of Simple Stories floral paper for the background, and then pressure embossed a piece of cream paper on top of that.  I added two different washi tapes (red polka dot and blue plaid), some narrow yellow rick-rack, and a tag with some Doodlebug rub-ons to spell "you are" and then added a "sweet" Making Memories chipboard from my stash (super old) to an October Afternoon journaling sticker.
 
I'm going to enter some challenges with this tag.  Here are the challenges I found that I could enter.

Mark's Finest Papers - #62 - Simple Salutations/Thinking of You - I was thinking of my friend who I made this tag for, and I think she will love it.
 
 
Word Art Wednesdays Challenges - #97 Anything Goes
 
V's Sweet Ideas Challenges - #15 Washi Tape

Eureka Stamps - #56 - Shaped Cards - I used a tag so that's a shape, right?
 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Emboss It - I embossed the cream piece of paper that's over my floral paper using my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Folder

I hope to find a few more challenges where I can link up!  Please let me know if you can think of any for me!

Thank you,
Sierra

10 comments:

  1. This is really cute, Sierra. Your friend will love your tag, and yes...they are great as bookmarks. THanks for playing along with us in our challenge this week, and remember that you can share up to 5 projects per week.
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again, Sierra. You really used your washi tape creatively, and I wish you the very best of luck in the random draw this month at V's. We appreciate having you share with us and really hope you will continue to join us. You're a super fun crafter and we love seeing your projects.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    V's Sweet Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you put so much thought into your tag for your friend that she can use it as a bookmark. thanks for playing at MFPaHC simple salutations.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tag thanks for joining us at CC&CC, good luck cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea and I love your tag!

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet tag and great idea to use as a bookmark! Thank you for playing along with us at MFP Simple Salutations challenge #62.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, your tag is so adorable, and I just love that red and white polka dotted washi. I have been thinking about picking up some washi just like that but now that I have seen it on your tag I know I want some. I think tags are so versatile too. I use them alot for bookmarks too. I hope your doing well, sending a hug to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tag

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very beautiful tag. I love the red and the dots.

    ReplyDelete