Saturday, August 17, 2013

Where Has Our Summer Gone??

I absolutely cannot believe that Summer is almost over.  Where did it go?  I mean, I had fun at barbeques, swimming, and enjoying the warm weather, but...it's still hard to believe that kids are heading back to school and that the Summer has slipped away.  Before we even know it, Christmas will just sneak right up on us.
I made this little Back to School Tag, and I think I'm going to give it to my neighbor so that she can put a picture of her kids' first day of school on the back of it and save it as a keepsake.  I know my Mom always enjoyed taking pictures of us on our first day of school each year.  I hope she likes it.  I just thought that if she had a place to put the photo, she would use it.  Since she reads A LOT, I figured she would use it as a little bookmark.  Cute idea, huh?
 
I wanted to enter some of the Back to School challenges, and here are the ones that I found where I could enter this project:
 
Red Carpet Studios Challenges - Challenge 49 - SCHOOL OF ROCK - Back to School Theme
 
Created With Love Challenges - Challenge 53 - BACK TO SCHOOL
 
Word Art Wednesdays Challenge Blog - Challenge 93 - ANYTHING GOES Uplifting, Encouraging and Family-Friendly

Chick-N-Scrap - Back To School With Ribbon

D.L. Art by Diana Larson - August Challenge - Anything Goes
 
Have a nice day!
 
Sierra

11 comments:

  1. Hi Sierra! I love your sweet little Back-to-School tag and I really think your neighbor will love it. The ribbons at the top are fun, and the October Afternoon goodies are so much fun. Thanks for sharing this with us, and please share with us again this week. You can enter up to five projects per week if you wish. I'd LOVE seeing more of your work, Thanks again, my friend.
    Blessings & Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your tag it is so adorable. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Created With Love Challenge.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it Sierra, and little things make a BIG difference.
    Thank you so much dropping in with your art today. Remember you can post up to five times which increases your opportunity to win. We hope you come back next week.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. il est adorable ton petit tag, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag! Would work fab as a bookmark as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges for our Back To School Challenge!
    DawnD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable tag, cute layout on that manila tag. Fun ribbons too. I just love rick rack.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tag is so cute! I love the addition of the rick rack on the top, which I have plenty of but never seem to use for paper crafting! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tag is wonderful super colors and the ribbon and DP are perect. I am sure your neighbor will love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes August Linky Party. Have a great week my friend
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love a book mark and this one is so adorable. Thanks for entering our Back to School challenge at Created With Love Challenges.
    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable tag! What a thoughtful idea! Thanks for joining us over at 3 Girl Jam Challenges! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a GREAT back to school tag! LOVE the beautiful papers!
    Thanks for sharing and linking up over at 3GJ for our Back to School w/Ribbon Challenge!
    Hope to see you play along again for our next challenge :)
    Jessica
    3GJ~DT

    ReplyDelete