Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Back To School....Already?

As I travel through "BLOG LAND" each week, I tend to see "themes" going on everywhere.  This is how I find out what kinds of cards need to be made for the challenges out there.  I was seeing a lot of really cute back to school cards, so I decided to make one and enter some of the fun challenges this week.
This card uses all October Afternoon products (papers and stickers) and then I hand cut the apple and stem from some scraps of felt that I had in my supplies.  I used a die-cut for the felt leaves.  Then, the final touch was some twine.

Here are the challenges I found where I am able to share my card:

Red Carpet Studios - Challenge 49 Based on the movie - SCHOOL OF ROCK - They asked for a back to school card.

Simon Says Stamp Vintage Monday Challenges - Challenge:  MAKE THE CUT - They asked us to use die-cuts, punches, etc.  I used a die-cut to cut my leaves.
 
V's Sweet Ideas - Challenge 14 - SOMETHING TWINE - I love using baker's twine and V's Sweet Ideas carries lots of great colors
 
Craft Your Passion - Challenge 175 - DON'T GET YOUR TWINE IN A TANGLE - I used green and red baker's twine, and I didn't get it in a tangle!  LOL
 
Created With Love Challenge Blog - Challenge 53 - BACK TO SCHOOL
 
Word Art Wednesday - Challenge 93 - ANYTHING GOES - Family Friendly, Uplifting, or Encouraging
 
If you know of any other fun challenges where I can share this card, I'd love to hear about it.  I haven't found all the challenge blogs out there, so I tend to "copy" or enter the challenges that other people enter.  I have several "mentors" who have helped me get started and I like getting challenge ideas from them.  I'd really like hearing your suggestions for good challenge blogs.
 
Have fun this week in your craft room!
 
Sierra

11 comments:

  1. salut Sierra, merci d'avoir rejoins mes membres, tu as un très joli style, chic et cette touche de shabby me plait beaucoup, ne t’inquiètes pas, tes cartes sont très jolies, tu auras beaucoup de membres sur ton blog, a bientôt, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sierra, Super cute card, love that apple, makes me want to eat one. I am a follower of your blog. But I don't use Google. I use Bloglovin. It is a reader program for blogs. I'm sending a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card and your apple was the perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your back to school card and the apple is fab, thanks for joining us over at Craft Your Passion ~ Denise DT ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Card Sierra, Love the colors and your DP is fantastic!It's perfect for the Craft Your Passion "Don't get your twine in a tangle" challenge. Hope to see more of your creations at our next challenge.

    ~Amy
    DT for Craft Your Passion Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card, Love the apple and your layout! Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges for our Back To School Challenge!
    DawnD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute. I can't believe it is back to school time. Love the apple. Thanks for entering our Back to School challenge at Created With Love Challenges.
    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is really sweet, Sierra. Thanks so much for sharing it with us in this week's challenge. It's such a blessing to have you share your art with us, and I hope you're having a great week.
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card and the design you chose. Thanks for joining in the fun at Created with Love Challenges.
    Linda K. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet project! Love that apple and the sentiments you used. Thank you so much for sharing die cut ideas with us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful back to school card. Love all the elements you used and the lay-out. Thanks for blessing us with a great project this week at Word Art Wednesday. Hugs and blessings...

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete