Monday, May 6, 2013

Behold, All Things Have Become New

I saw a challenge posted this week at Scrapping Everyday Miracles, and knew right away that I just HAD to play along.  I love using scriptures on my cards.  I'm very new at entering challenges, but really wanted to give this one a try.  I will explain below my story about the card.  I know I'm not the world's most talented card maker, but I sure do enjoy trying.


Scrapping Everyday Miracles Challenges - Challenges #28 - Behold, All Things Have Become New.  The items I used that are older than one year are my stamps used on this card.  The sentiment scripture stamp is from Verve, and I've had it for quite a while.  I used it because my son's pre-school teacher is new this year, and shared with me that sometimes she feels like giving up, but I try to encourage her that she can't give up because God is working through her efforts in the lives of these children.  The part that is something NEW for me is pre-school.  It's my son's first year in pre-school, and it's been a real time of transition, but I know that God is working in his life at this time to help him become all that God has planned for his life.  This was a really fun challenge for me.  I embrace this new chapter in his life.
 
Mark's Finest Papers Sketch With a Twist - I followed the sweet little sketch for this challenge, and followed the twist because it's for my son's teacher, and my son said to me, "Mom, NO ribbons or buttons, cuz that's for girls".  LOL - I also wanted to mention that I used a Mark's Finest Papers stamp set on this card (for the apples and the 2+2=4 stamp).  They have such cute stamps!

Word Art Wednesday Challenge - Challenge #78 - Anything Goes With Scripture
 
I  hope that his teacher, Miss Ayers, will enjoy this card made especially for her to encourage her to never give up.
 
Sierra

16 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful scripture, Sierra. You did a lovely job with it, and I'm sure your son's teacher will be blessed by it. Welcome to the blogging and challenge world. You will do a great job, and catch on in no time at all. I've become your newest follower, and will invite some of the Word Art Wednesday friends to follow you as well. They would, of course, love to have you follow them as well. Thanks for joining us and please continue to link up with us. You can enter up to 5 times per week and we welcome all your sweet cards.
    God bless you in this journey, and WELCOME!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Sierra with a wonderful scripture. This is Gail from Word Art Wednesday challenge - a friend of Karen's - just enter the challenges there - I do not design for them - but I do design for Marks Finest Papers Speedy Fox and Friends and Friends of Speedy TV - so come by and check us out - enjoy your week - and keep being a testimony ~ your light is shinning!

    Gail
    http://ilikepaper01.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sierra, I love your card and the scripture is so perfect for what your son's teacher is going through. You did an awesome job coloring the apples, they look so dimensional. I'm so glad you found us at Word Art Wednesday and hope you continue to participate in the challenges. I'm also on the scrapbook team at MFP SpeedyTV so stop by and check out those challenges too. Blessings!

    Gemiel
    http://gemscraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sierra,
    That beautiful scripture will really encourage the teacher. The apples have me thinking, " an apple a day keeps the DR away". Your card is just perfect. Marks cardstock and paper are excellent and so are the stamps.
    Thank you for joining us at WAW.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful piece of scripture.
    Thank you for sharing with us at SEM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Love the teacher feel. Thanks for playing along with SpeedyTV’s Simple Salutations Challenge. We hope to see you again next week. Be sure to check out all the other challenges on SpeedyTV for more chances to win free stamp sets from Marks Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty card and love how you aged it. Thank you for blessing us with your gorgeous artwork this week at Word Art Wednesday. Big hugs!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet and encouraging card!! I love how you thought through and applied our Scrapping Everyday Miracles challenge!! Thanks for joining our May Challenge ~ All Things Have Become New ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. your son's teacher is sure to be blessed by your thoughtfulness and care in creating this card! it's so lovely! thanks for sharing with us over at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Sierra, what a beautiful name. I'm Pam and a friend of Karen's (she is such a sweet and kind person). I think your card is very pretty and it is so thoughtful of you to make such a special card for your son's teacher. Our teacher's need our support and it is so nice for you to reach out to her in this way. I would love to become one of your followers but I can't find where to follow. I would love for you to visit my blog and follow me. I recently moved and haven't posted any cards for a while (to busy organizing), hopefully soon I will be able to participate again.
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! So glad you foound us and thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card, I'm sure your son's teacher really appreciated it! Thanks for playing along with us at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful God's word! Love the card and the banners. Thanks for submitting it for SEM Challenge :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really cute! I also love using scrapiture on my projects. I actually really want to use them often on my cards. Great inspiration! Thanks for playing along with us over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles (http://scrappingeverydaymiracles.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this cute take on our SEM Challenge this month Sierra...thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Like the style of this with the inking. Ah preschool, seems like a life time ago for my daughter. My daughter is a Sr in college now.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete